Alerts and other info from the MRF
MRF Friends and Supporters,
Yesterday, we received word that the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) has selected the 10 individuals that will serve a 2 year term on the Motorcyclist Advisory Council or MAC that was authorized in the highway bill or FAST Act.
You’ll recall that the MRF and its congressional champions raised concerns over the makeup of participants as there was only 1 seat dedicated to a motorcycle rights organization and the rest of the seats were slotted for experts in engineering, safety, construction and roadway design.
Below is the list of the 10 individuals that were selected. Not surprisingly, no one from the MRF is represented. This is disappointing to say the least. The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) will serve as the 1 motorcycle association on the Council:
• Mr. James Baron: American Traffic Safety Services Association
• Mr. Michael Crow: Kansas Asphalt Pavement Association
• Dr. Chanyoung Lee: Center for Urban Transportation Research at University of South Florida
• Mr. Eric Line: Michigan Department of Transportation
• Ms. Jane Lundquist: Texas Department of Transportation
• Dr. Shane McLaughlin: Center for Automated Vehicle Systems at Virginia Tech Transportation Institute
• Mr. Joel Provenzano: Florida Department of Transportation
• Mr. Michael Sayre: American Motorcyclist Association
• Dr. Craig Shankwitz: Western Transportation Institute at Montana State University
• Ms. Fay Taylor: Retired, Ohio Department of Transportation
Please note that the MRF will be following up to convey its disappointment to the FHWA as well as inquiring about the selection process. Further, the Council will meet in a public forum and the MRF WILL BE REPRESENTED AT EVERY MEETING. We will not be silenced. Our voices will be heard.
Lastly, if you have a personal relationship with any of the individuals that will serve on the Council, please contact me asap.
This fight isn’t over.
Megan J. Ekstrom
Vice-President, Government Affairs & Public Relations
Motorcycle Riders Foundation
2221 S. Clark Street, 11th Floor
Arlington, VA 22202
Phone: (202) 725-5471